Michigan Central Railroad Depot
Built in 1886, and conceived by Frederick Spier, the design of this granite block building was influenced by the Romanesque style of the great American architect Henry Hobson Richardson. The massive arch and two-foot thick walls are balanced by the simple precise detailing. Carefully preserved, this depot is a symbol of the elegance and vitality of nineteenth century rail transportation.
Michigan History Division, Department of State
Registered Local Site No. 839
Property of the State of Michigan, 1976