Inman Cemetery was created in 1914 when Laura Inman Hughes died shortly after giving birth and was buried at this site. Laura was the granddaughter of W.H. and Martha Stark, who had been granted land in the area in 1859, and she was buried on property that the Starks had bequeathed to their Inman grandchildren. Laura's brothers and their families later chose to be buried at the site. T.H. Inman deeded the one acre cemetery to the Inman Cemetery Association in 1963. In the southeast corner of the burial ground are five graves originally located at the W.H. Stark Cemetery, approximately 0.4 MI. southeast of this site on the Sabine River. The graves were reinterred in 2006 because of the threat of erosion.