Dedicated in the spring of 1863, this building served as a temple of worship for 10,000 Chinese then living here. Funds for its erection and furnishings were provided by the emperor and empress of China and local Chinese labor built the structure. The building was deeded to the city of Oroville ion 1935 by the Chinese residents.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 770
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Oroville Woman’s Community Club.
June 20, 1962