Erected and presented to the citizens of Dunedin by Wolf Harris Esq.
the fountain was original sited at “The Triangle”, later named Queen’s Gardens, near The Exchange. It was moved to the Botanic Garden after it had been relocated to Logan Park for the South Seas Exhibition 1925-1926. It was moved to the Botanic Garden after the exhibition closed.
The fountain is a Category 2 listed place (List no. 2146) with Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga.