A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible.

The Stapp Sisters

Emilie and Marie Stapp were natives of Iowa, where Emilie (1876-1962) began writing children's books and Marie (1880-1960) worked for a newspaper. After living in Boston, they moved to Wiggins due to family ties to the Finkbine Lumber Company. In Wiggins, they established Friendship Farm, and built the Dolls' House to hold their collection of 400 dolls. In 1966 the dolls and Emilie's manuscripts were placed in the de Grummond Collection of the McCain Archives at USM

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps