The Broadway Theatre
Built in 1946 as Saskatoon's eastside movie house, the
Broadway Theatre's smooth, rounded finish and austere
detailing are examples of the Art Deco style. Elements of
this style are visible on both the building's exterior and
in the lobby. Designed by the firm of Webster and Gilbert,
the building was constructed with many then-innovative
features such as a parabolic floor and crying room.
Friends of the Broadway Theatre, Inc. assumed community
ownership and management of the theatre in 1993.
Refurbished to retain its original character and use, the
theatre remains an integral part of the Broadway
The Broadway Theatre was designated
a Municipal Heritage Property on April 14, 1997.
Submitted by: @Saskajanet