||The Orange Chamber of Commerce traces its history to an 1887 citizens' committee that was formed to promote the area's business potential. A reorganization of the committee resulted in the formation of the city's Board of Trade in 1899. A further step in the evolution of the Chamber of Commerce took place in 1902 with the establishment of the Progressive League of Orange. Comprised of representatives of leading manufacturing institutions and businesses, the league also included professionals and individuals not directly involved in the business world. Concerned with the growth and development of the city, league members undertook projects for better roads, a deep water canal, and an opera house, and began a campaign to attract investors to Orange. Between 1918 and 1922, the Orange Chamber of Commerce was organized from a consolidation of its predecessors. Over the years, the chamber has worked successfully to stimulate business in the county. The Industrial Development Committee of the Chamber was formed in 1947 to bring chemical plants into the area. Today the Orange Chamber of Commerce is recognized as an important element in the town's commercial heritage.