A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Mason Street School

Mason Street School First Public Schoolhouse in this County.  Erected at this site in 1865 and known as

Mason Street School

First Public Schoolhouse in this County.  Erected at this site in 1865 and known as "Mason Street School -- District No. 1" when San Diego County covered an area greater the 3 New England states.  Restored by popular subscription in 1955.  

State Registered Landmark No. 538

Marker placed by San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the Historic Markers Committee

Erected 1955

 

Submitted by: Chris Weaver

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps