A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Marksville "Colored" School Site

C.P. Couvillion donated this site in 1905 for the construction of a school for

C.P. Couvillion donated this site in 1905 for the construction of a school for "Negroes" in the Marksville area. Its first eighth grade class began in 1933. First graduation was in 1940. Classes were held upstairs in the Masonic Hall on this site.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps