In 1912, four rural schools, located in the Hope, Odom, Marion, and Ena communities, were consolidated to form the H.O.M.E. school. The next year, 173 students in ten grades relocated to the three-story Big Level School. In 1927, that school became the H.O.M.E. Vocational High, and in 1936 the National Youth Administration built a 50' x 150' concrete block classroom building on the ten-acre campus, which included a gymnasium. Known for basketball, the H.O.M.E. school closed in 1972 when the students were transferred to Wiggins.