The Cavanaugh Hall of Science bears the name of Charles J. Cavanaugh, whose teaching career spanned 1945 to 1977 as professor of biology at his alma mater, Louisiana College. Prof Cavanaugh, as he was affectionately known, often lectured without notes. He exemplified the Christian faith in his life and pedagogy as he influenced students entering all walks of life, including those who became doctors, dentists, nurses, and science teachers. Prof Cavanaugh developed and directed an outstanding pre-med program from which over ninety percent of students who applied to medical, dental, and veterinary schools were accepted. Built in 1969 and named in 1974 to honor Prof Cavanaugh, the facility contains offices, classrooms, and laboratories for biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, mathematics, and nursing.