In 1917, Taylor M.E. Church was founded as the first Methodist church in Scotlandville (nee: Scotland) by twelve visionary African-American Methodists. In 1922, the name changed to Camphor Memorial M.E. Church. In 1968, its current name was established. The church serves the community with services, outreach ministry, and partners with churches and other organizations. Members of the church have been trailblazers and firsts in Government, Education, Medicine, Business and Politics.