Wallingford Hall perpetuates the name of a McMaster University women’s residence of the 1920’s, in Toronto. That first Wallingford Hall was provided by William Davies, a philanthropic Baptist businessman, and was named after his birthplace in England.
The present Wallingford Hall is one of the six building constructed for the University’s new home in Hamilton in 1930.
Before nearby Moulton Hall was opened in 1961, a temporary building known as West Wallingford served for several years as an auxiliary residence for women as did, in the 1940’s, the President’s Residence under the name of Wallingford Annex.
Submitted by Owen Anderson