A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

The Pack Horse Pub

The 
HISTORY OF 
THE PACK HORSE 

A pub on the site of The Pack Horse first 
opened in 1615 as The Nag's Head, although 
there may have been a drinking house on the site since 
the 1130s. In 1780 it changed its name to The Slip Inn 
and was a favourite of the loiners of Leeds. In 1982 
it was renovated following the discovery of 
fifteenth-century elements of the original building 
and became The Pack Horse we know today.

The Templar cross can be seen at the front of this 
ancient pub, this shows it was originally owned by the Order of St John of 
Jerusalem, successors to the 
Knights Templar.


Submitted by @dotNetCoreBlog

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps