SUTHERLAND FORESTRY NURSERY STATION
The Sutherland Forestry Nursery Station, like the earlier nursery
at Indian Head, made an important contribution to tree-
planting on the prairies. Established by the federal Forestry
Branch in 1913, it was created to promote shelterbelts and
European ideals of farm beautification. Until 1966, hardy
shrub and tree varieties were tested and developed here, and
millions of seedlings were distributed to farmers. The forestry
stations also demonstrated horticultural techniques, as evident
in the abundant examples or surviving experimental plots,
shelterbelts and ornamental plantings at Sutherland.
Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Sumitted by @Saskajanet