In 1844 Salem Presbyterian Church was established in southeast Shelby County. It remained there until 1871 and then relocated to Collierville. The name was changed to Presbyterian Church of Collierville. The Presbyterians met at the Methodist Church until land was purchased at Walnut and Mulberry in 1885 for $100 from Mrs. Dora A. Clark. The first service was held in May, 1886. They remained here until their move in 1965 to the corner of Poplar Avenue and Peterson Lake Road.
Submitted from the Shelby County Register's Office.