A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Pigott Building

The Pigott Building, 36 James Street South, was Hamilton's first skyscraper. It was for decades an office building until its conversion to condo units.

Plaque reads:

City of Hamilton

1929

PIGOTT BUILDING

Architect: Prack & Prack

Built for the Pigott Realty Company

Hamilton’s First Skyscraper

Designated Under The Ontario Heritage Act

 

Submitted by Owen Anderson

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps