In 1883 the Methodist Episcopal Church of Twin Lake Village purchased the land on which this church was built from parishioner Archibald Buell for $35.00. In the next two years members donated their time, talents, and resources to construct this church, which was completed in September 1885 at a cost of $748.38. The church's Ladies Aid Society led a campaign to secure a bell for the church. The bell, forged by the Buckeye Bell Foundry in Cincinnati, Ohio, for a cost of $63.85 was hung in 1891. In 1994, due to the church's growth, services were moved to the annex, built in 1965. Remodeled and renamed the Wesley Chapel, this historic church began holding special services in 2007.
Plaque via Michigan History Center