'MELBOURNE TOWN HALL
This building, designed by Reed and Barnes, Architects, was begun in 1867 on the site of the original Melbourne Town Hall.
The clocktower, completed in 1869, was named in the honour of the visit of Prince Alfred.
The design was completed in 1887 with the addition of the portico over the footpath
The fine masonry and
Classical detailing express the civic pride of "Marvellous Melbourne"
Submitted by: @IanThorp