A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Mechanickham

Founded in 1836 by Nicholas Noel Destrehan, Mechanickham was originally part of the Spanish land grant to the Ursuline nuns in 1790. It was incorporated with the villages of Gretna and McDonoghville in 1913 into the City of Gretna, the seat of Jefferson Parish's government since 1884.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps