In 1908, the Bohemian Colonization Club was begun by J. Rosicky, publisher & editor of the Hospodář, to establish family centered Czech colonies. In 1912, Wesly Wosterchil, Frank Zumpfe, and J. Sobotka located 21,000 acres of cut-over pineland. LA Investments and Securities Co. bought the tract and assisted in the development of the colony. In the spring in 1914 about 100 families from throughout the U.S. settled in LIBUSE & KOLIN. More came later. Drawn together by common bonds, the Czechs built schools, farmer's unions, halls, cemeteries and retained cultural values. The community center was located near this site.