A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Judge Wm. Henry Lightfoot House

Built 1876 by Judge Wm. Henry Lightfoot, veteran of Forrest's Cavalry in Civil War; law partner of Gen. (and U. S. Senator) Sam B. Maxey. Lumber was hauled from Jefferson. Has square nails. Wide board pine floors are pegged. Water well beneath back porch. Restored by Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers Coleman. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps