Indian Lake Cemetery has been in use since the 1840s and contains the remains of many of the earliest settlers of Silver Creek Township. Many of the community's first funerals were held in a log schoolhouse immediately to the south of here. In 1852 William Ridenour deeded the property containing the growing cemetery to the township and in 1869 the township sold the property to the Indian Lake Cemetery Association. In addition to the graves of early settlers, the cemetery contains those of many veterans including two who fought in the War of 1812 and several who served in the Civil War. Pioneering surgeon Dr. Alice Conklin (1868 - 1958) is also interred here.
Plaque via Michigan History Center