A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Holy Savior Cemetery

Lockport, Louisiana

Holy Savior Cemetery was established in 1850 at the site of St. Andre's Chapel, which later became Holy Savior Church. The cemetery is one of the oldest in the southern half of Lafourche Parish. The priests' tomb, located in the center of the cemetery, contains the remains of earlier pastors, including Fr. Joseph Vanbeveren, the first resident pastor.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps