A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Greensburg Land Office

Served as the clearing for house all public lands between the Mississippi and Pearl Rivers, north of the lakes to the 31st parallel. This area is still known as the Greensburg Land District. It is the only extant land office building in Louisiana and significant in the area of architecture as an example of a rural building in the Greek Revival style. Built ca 1820.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps