Grampians sandstone was used in the construction of some notable Victorian public buildings. This plaque sits in the wall of the Halls Gap hall and was placed there on the centenary of the federation of Australia.
GRAMPIANS SANDSTONE FROM THE LOCAL MT DIFFICULT
QUARRY WAS USED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF VICTORIA'S
PARLIAMENT HOUSE SOME 120 YEARS AGO.
THE STONE IN THIS WALL WAS HEWN FROM THE
SAME SOURCE, AROUND THE SAME TIME.
SINCE PARLIAMENT HOUSE WAS THE FIRST SEAT OF
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN AUSTRALIA FROM 1901 TO 1927.
THE HALLS GAP COMUNITY CELEBRATES THIS CONNECTION
WITH THE BIRTH OF OUR NATION. JULY 2000
Submitted by: @gregorystorer