A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

For Sick and Wounded Soldiers During the Great War

 

INTER ARMA CARITAS 
THIS BUILDING WAS USED AS 
THE HEADQUARTERS OF 
A HOSPITAL FOR SICK AND 
WOUNDED SOLDIERS DURING 
THE GREAT WAR. IT WAS 
MANNED BY GLOUCESTERSHIRE 
VOLUNTARY AID DETACHMENT 
NO 6 AND WAS OPEN
FROM 16 MAY, 1915 TO 30 NOV, 1918 
DURING WHICH PERIOD 809 
CASES WERE TREATED



Submitted by @caddickbrown

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps