On the side wall of a St Kilda Convenience Store in Ackland Street.
Erected as part of Victoria's 150 year anniversary. It is headed by the logo for the event.
Growing together 1984-5
This plaque marks the site of
The first block of land sold in the
First crown land sales in St. Kilda
7th December 1842
The buyer was Lieut. James Ross Lawrence, R.N.,
Captain of the schooner 'Lady of St. Kilda'
He named Acland Street after Sir Thomas Dyke Ackland
Owner of the 'Lady of St. Kilda'
This plaque was unveiled by
Commander R. S. Veale R.A.N. (RETD), C.M.G
for St. Kilda City Council
24th March 1985
submitted by @gregorystorer