ELLWOOD OIL FIELDS
The First Oil Well of the Ellwood Oil Field Was Brough in 1000 feet
South of this Spot in 1928 by the Barnsdall-Rio Grande Oil Company.
It Was Referred to as Luton-Bell Number 1.
Gas Station and Restaurant
Built in 1928, This Was The First Gas Station of the Barnsdall-Rio Grande Oil
Co., Which Drilled the Ellwood Oild Field Discovery Well in 1929. Wheeler's [?]
Restaurant (circa 1930 [?]) Was Adjacent to the Station on the West Side.
"The Postman Always Rings Twice [?]" Film Was Made Here in 19[??]
Submitted by @