This residence for men was a handsome gift from Gordon C. Edwards, who served for many years on the Board of Governors of the University, and it was named in memory of his father. The former Edwards estate in Ottawa is now the official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada.
This Hall is among the six original buildings of this campus when the University came to Hamilton from Toronto in 1930.
A converted army H-hut, known officially as Edwards Hall Annex and to students as “The Shambles,” served as an auxiliary men’s residence for several years after World War 2.
Submitted by Owen Anderson