EDMONDS INDEPENDENT TELEPHONE COMPANY
Constructed in 1924, this building held telephone
switchboards and equipment until 1950. The
Sunset Telegraph and Telephone Company had provided
limited service since 1900. In 1908 the Edmonds
Independent Telephone Company incorporated and
located just east of here. Daniel Yost was manager. The
company was later absorbed by West Cost Telephone.
This marker place here October 1998 by the
Edmonds-South Snohomish County Historical Society.