A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Demonstration School

The Mississippi Normal College, now the University of Southern Mississippi, was established in 1910. The Demonstration School opened in 1926 during the time when the college was called the State Teachers College (1924-1940). The school taught children through grade twelve and provided a laboratory-style classroom environment where student teachers were observed and evaluated. The Demonstration School ceased operation in 1963.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps