DAVID R. PINN
After the Civil War. a small community of African
Americans lived on Route 654, now known as Zion
Drive. The Wrights, Hamiltons, Whites, and Finns
were farmers and laborers. In 1904. David R. &
Sarah F. Pinn donated an acre of land to build
Little Bethel Baptist Church. In 1946. the church
building was purchased by the Immediate Relief
Association, which helped neighbors in need. The
Sideburn Civic Community Association acquired
the parcel in l975. and the David R. Pinn Community
Center was established. After more than 100 years.
many of the descendants of the original families
continue to live in this community.
This plaque is for a community center in Fairfax on Zion drive. The center is still there today. The plaque was published in 2009.
Submitted by: DD