The Claeys House
This elaborate brick and stone house was built in 1936 – 37 for Henry L. Claeys Mr. Claeys had the well-digging and plumbing supply business which he started in 1904. In 1920 he sold the well digging machines and went into the wholesale supply business.
This beautiful building evolved over the years and was sold to Dr. John F. DeYonkers Jr. in 1945 and became the “Warren Community Hospital”. Later it was sold and became the “Glen Eden Psychiatric Hospital” and in 1991 became the Children’s Home of Detroit-Warren Campus.
Warren Historical Commission, 2003