'On this site in 1882, Mr G.R. White erected his factory and commenced his business as a implement maker and general blacksmith.
He was elected a member of the Lilydale Council in 1886
From 1931 Mr W. Hansen had his hay and corn store in the same building which was demolished in 1960 and the present shops built
Lilydale & District Historical Society Inc. 20.3.2008
Submitted by @IanThorp