A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. 99% Invisible.
Logo by Chop Shop

100th Anniversary of Houma

1834 - 1934

This tablet is placed here by the city government in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of Houma, and in memory of its founders, Richard H. Grinage and Hubert M. Belanger, public spirited citizens, who on May 10, 1834, donated this property for a seat of justice and courthouse, being a tract of land one arpent front on Bayou Terrebonne by ten arpents deep, the first step toward the founding of the city. 

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps