A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Village of Dry Prong

Located in a land of natural beauty, the former Cottonburg became Dry Prong in 1906 when the Dry Prong post office was moved to this location in order to be near the L&A Railroad. Dry Prong was named ...

Located in a land of natural beauty, the former Cottonburg became Dry Prong in 1906 when the Dry Prong post office was moved to this location in order to be near the L&A Railroad. Dry Prong was named for its first location: the site of an early water grist mill that was built on a prong (branch) of Big Creek that went dry in the summer. Village incorporated June 4, 1947.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps