The Eagles Building
Was constructed in 1905 and designed by Galbraith and Hall of Spokane. The building was constructed from locally made concrete blocks which were made from the tailings of the local mines and contain small amounts of silver and gold.
On February 14, 1951 the building, then a hardware store the building was the scene of a four hour shootout between 16 local police and a gunman. The gunman fired the first shots, killing a passerby and wounding two others. Police fired teargas and numerous rounds of ammunition into the building before finally wounding the gunman who later died without giving a motive for his actions
Note: the bullet scars still visible on the floor.
Submitted by: SW