Oldest community-owned one-room schoolhouse still intact in Dorchester County. First constructed c. 1865 near Church Creek, moved here in 1867. It was used continuously until July 15, 1966, as Rock Elementary School for students in grades 1 through 7. Many ministers of Delaware Annual Conference of Methodist Church received their primary education here. School named for Ezekriel Stanley, president of its first board. Other trustees included Dennis Camper, Jr., Charles F. Kiah, Moses Opher and Nathaniel Young.
On National Register of Historic Places
Marker Erected February 12, 1976
By Buck Community Improvement League