This notable Greek Revival structure was completed in the late 1840's on land donated by Eli Robinson. The congregation was established 1828-1830 and the first church, built of logs, was located c. 1 mile east of here. Charter members were: Rev. Peyton and Martha Bibb; James Robinson; William Zeigler; George Speigner; Lewis G. and Mary Robinson; Alexander McKeithen; Benjamin Gaines, Sr.; and Mr. and Mrs. Ezekiel Cooper.
The present structure has remained virtually intact, retaining its altar rail, slave gallery, pews and coin silver Communion service. It is documented in the Historic American Building Survey and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places March 1, 1982.