On this site stood the "Spanish Customs House," perhaps the oldest structure in Bay St. Louis. The house is believed to have been built by French colonist Hyacinth Caron in 1787. The date of construction is based on an inscription in the brickwork. A two-and-a half-story stuccoed brick building of Creole architectural influence, the house originally included a two-tiered gallery on all four sides and three rooms on each floor connected by an exterior stair. Destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.