The floodwalls protecting Morgan City were built under the authority of the Mississippi River and Tributaries Project by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers with the assistance of the Atchafalaya Basin Levee District and Morgan City officials. This 10-foot wall panel is a segment of the floodwall built in 1948. This wall ran parallel to the new floodwall. The floodwalls have protected Morgan City from numerous floods. High water marks for the most significant floods are shown here.