Designed by William T. Nolan, Kenner High School was the first school to be located in the City of Kenner. Originally opened for grades K-12, the school was transformed into a junior high school in 1955. The school also served as a cultural gathering place during the annual Mardi Gras season when the Krewe Of Kenner held court in the school's auditorium. Kenner High School graduated numerous political figures including Mayors, Council members and Parish Presidents.
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior. Listed February 7, 2008.