The first recorded Jewish worship services in Beaumont were held on Yom Kippur in September 1887. The congregation's first synagogue was built at the corner of Broadway and willow streets in 1901. In 1923, under the leadership of Rabbi Samuel Rosinger, a new temple was built at this site. Designed by Chicago architect Albert s. Gottlieb, the structure soon became a noted local landmark. Temple Emanuel continues to serve Jewish families in Beaumont and surrounding communities.