This residence, opened in 1991, is named for D. M. Hedden (1916-1982), a graduate of McMaster University. In 1950 “Mike” returned to his alma mater and thereafter served it with exceptional skill and dedication for three decades.
As Vice-President (Administration), Mike Hedden had a pivotal role in the development of McMaster. He was intimately concerned with the planning of thirty buildings, including seven residences. His continual efforts to provide students and faculty with appropriate facilities for teaching and for research earned him a rare respect. Moreover, his personal traits led to warm and fruitful relationships with his colleagues and student leaders.
Submitted by Owen Anderson