A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Trinity Church - Mackinac Island

TRINITY CHURCH   Episcopal services on Mackinac Island date from 1837, when a Bishop preached in the Mission Church.  For many years the congregation met in the post Chapel at Fort Mackinac and in ...

TRINITY CHURCH

 

Episcopal services on Mackinac Island date from 1837, when a Bishop preached in the Mission Church.  For many years the congregation met in the post Chapel at Fort Mackinac and in the Court House.  In 1873 a parish was organized, and in 1882 this church building was constructed.  Its furnishings include an altar of hand-carved walnut, and two chancel chairs made by soldiers at the fort.

 

Submitted by

Bryan Arnold

@nanowhiskers

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps