The Logo symbolizes the Southern Railroad which took over the rail system from New Orleans and Northeastern Railroads on or about 1915. The Logo was initially placed in Picayune in 1917 where it remained until it was damaged by construction in 2008. The salvaged pieces were reassembled in 2012 by an Eagle Scout project. The Logo was then placed at the Intermodal Tourism Center by the City of Picayune. The Logo now serves as a tribute to the citizens who built, maintained and operated the ribbons of steel known as the "Queen and Crescent Route" connecting Picayune and the world since 1883.