Second oldest continuously active Church of God in Louisiana. Began by Robert H. Owens, 1897. 1st named Welcome Church of God. 1st convert was James Harville. Early converts from Pine Island Methodist and Mt. Pleasant Christian Church. W. H. Jackson, 1st to be ordained Pastor. 1st Board of Trustees: Frank Parker, W.H. Jackson, William Parker, Samuel Tippit, Daniel Williamson and Elijah Williamson. 1st Sunday School Teacher Nancy Peavy Tippit. 1st Church House built at Caney Creek in 1899. 2nd built, 1906, at present site of Welcome Cemetery. Larger Church House built at that site, 1927. 1st Parsonage built here in l926, H. S. Fulton, Pastor. Rev. J. Carver, 1930, returned from ministerial meeting at Hammond with 2 Live Oaks to plant in front of Parsonage. New Sanctuary built here 1937. D. G. Trimble, Pastor. Present Sanctuary built 1965. J. R. Tackett, Pastor. Name changed to Simpson Church of God 1965. 1st electricity April 12, 194O, due to work of J. Z Merchant and C. H. Parker. Rev. Hull, Pastor. Rev. Merica, 1944, began bus service, assisted by Rev. Schmucker of Simpson Baptist, to bring people to Church of their choice. Tent Revival began with Assembly of God and Baptist in 1992. This spirit of cooperation (2 Cor. 13: 11) is alive today in God's churches in Simpson.
Erected June 15, 2006 Rev. Terry Adams Pastor. Funded courtesy of John Smith - State Rep - Dist. 30