A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible.

Original King's Daughters Hospital

Dr. John H. Johnson and Dr. Dudley W. Jones opened the area's first hospital in a two-story residence at this site in 1909. In 1913, the Willing Hearts Circle purchased the equipment, rented the ...

Dr. John H. Johnson and Dr. Dudley W. Jones opened the area's first hospital in a two-story residence at this site in 1909. In 1913, the Willing Hearts Circle purchased the equipment, rented the building, and formed the King's Daughters Hospital. It remained here until 1920 when it moved to a larger building on North Jackson Street.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps