Old United States Mint
The Old Mint (1869), San Francisco's second, is California's only such Federal Greek Revival structure. Due to unsurpassed productivity, it became a sub-treasury in 1874. Intact after the 1906 disaster, it served as a clearinghouse-bank, thus aiding in the city's reconstruction. Closed in 1937, it was restored in 1972-1976 by Mint Director Mary Brooks
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 875
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the San Francisco Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board, January 28, 1977.
Submitted by @WWJWTPD